Smoked Lake Whitefish Salad with Herb Aioli Dressing
This recipe for a smoked lake whitefish salad is one of my favorites. The smoke flavor of the fish mixed with the freshness of the herb aioli is unbeatable. Make sure to check out the video of winter spearfishing for the main ingredient in this recipe.
– Smoked Whitefish (approx. 6 – 8 oz.)
– Mixed Greens Salad (spinach is a good alternative, though it doesn’t look as nice)
– Herb Aioli for dressing
Herb Aioli Recipe:
– Dill – large bunch that’s washed and trimmed
– Chives – large bunch that’s washed and trimmed
– Parsley – large bunch washed and trimmed
– Basil – large bunch washed and trimmed
– 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
– 1 cup mayonnaise
– Juice from 1/2 of a lemon
– Salt and pepper to desired taste
Used as a dressing, I like to mix in a bit extra of the olive oil so that it spreads more evenly across the salad. Simply mix all the herbs with the olive oil in a blender or food processor. Once you’ve blended all the herbs transfer the mixture to a bowl and blend in the mayonnaise, lemon juice and salt and pepper.